Sunshine Coast Environment Council
Welcome to the Sunshine Coast Environment Council, the peak environmental advocacy group on the Sunshine Coast. SCEC represents over 40 community groups working on environmental protection, conservation, natural resource management and sustainability.
- Beerwah State Forest: EOI for offroad motorsports facility-map
- Beerwah State Forest Off-road motorcycling facility: EOI documents
- Motorsports proposal: Good idea in the wrong place says SCEC
- Beerwah State Forest under threat-updates
- Sea Dumping Challenge Up and Running
- House Environment Committee to examine ‘green tape’
- Australia’s environment minister could soon be above the law
- Drew Hutton – Mining the Queensland Way
- Beerwah State Forest: EOI for offroad motorsports facility-map 12/03/2014
- Beerwah State Forest Off-road motorcycling facility: EOI documents 12/03/2014
So, here’s the information attached to the “Development and operation of an off-road motorcycling facility in the Mooloolah Logging Area (MLA), Beerwah State Forest” accessed under QTender. Hardly broad community consultation with due consideration of alternative, more appropriate sites. SCEC maintains this is a good idea in the wrong place given the high environmental & amenity values made worse by lack of due process & transparency. Let Minister Steve Dickson MP and SCEC know what you think.
- Motorsports proposal: Good idea in the wrong place says SCEC 09/03/2014
The region’s peak environment group says it remains in favour of a motorsports facility but the site identified by the state government is the wrong place.
“Contrary to claims by Minister Dickson, the area known as the Mooloolah Logging Area within the Beerwah State Forest contains high environmental values which are vital for the region’s biodiversity and amenity.” Sunshine Coast Environment Council spokesperson Narelle McCarthy explained. Continue reading →
- Beerwah State Forest under threat-updates 06/03/2014
Updates posted below media release including aerial view of the high value area of the Beerwah State Forest known as the Mooloolah Logging Area.
05 March 2014
The Sunshine Coast Environment Council (SCEC) is concerned a significant part of the Beerwah State Forest may be earmarked for a motorsports precinct.
“The state government appears to be pushing through yet another proposal under a veil of secrecy which will impact on important areas of the Sunshine Coast’s conservation and open space network” said SCEC spokesperson Narelle McCarthy. Continue reading →