An exciting opportunity to be part of the region's largest climate event exists for an Event Coordinator who will play a pivotal role in delivering the event alongside the event directors.
The Unconventional Convention is a high-profile multi-day event featuring an interactive program that includes climate scientists, academics, industry professionals, business, insurance, government and community, creative and youth sector speakers and workshops exploring the biggest issue facing society today, climate change. The program also features various field trips showcasing emissions reduction technologies and climate mitigation projects throughout the Sunshine Coast region along with an engaging and immersive creative arts and music program.
The Convention is jointly managed by the Organisation of Sunshine Coast Association Residents Inc (OSCAR), the Sunshine Coast Environment Council (SCEC) and the Environmental Legacy Foundation (ELF). The Convention will be hosted at the University of the Sunshine Coast Sippy Downs along with field trips being undertaken at various locations throughout the broader Noosa and Sunshine Coast region.
This role is a fixed term four-month part-time contract (dates and hours detailed below) to support the delivery of ‘A Climate for Change: An Unconventional Convention’. The Event Coordinator role reports to the Event Directors. The role is on a contractor basis with hours on a sliding scale as detailed below and subject to change as required:
Start Date – 19 April 2022
End Date – 11 August 2022
- April - 1 day per week (8 hours)
- May – 1 day per week (8 hours)
- June – 2 days per week (16 hours)
- July – 5 days per week (38 hours)
The Convention is on the 14, 15 and 16 July 2022 and it is expected that the Coordinator is available full time over those dates.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Demonstrated experience in the successful planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of a range of events
- The ability to deal with management at all levels, act in a professional manner, provide exceptional service to all stakeholders and provide a range of solutions to achieve objectives.
- Advanced scheduling and planning skills
- Ability to manage competing projects and priorities and ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in marketing, sponsorship and budgets/funding
- Current QLD Driver License and your own vehicle
- Excellent administration skills with a strong emphasis on the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Google Suite
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays in order to meet the event deadline
- Availability at the required event times and key planning stages as detailed in the position description
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Events Management or Communications
- Experience in using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or other desktop publishing or design programs
Please apply by sending a cover letter outlining how your skills meet the essential and desirable criteria and your CV to [email protected] by COB Monday 11 April 2022. Interviews will take place 13 & 14 April 2022 with the role commencing the week of 18 April.
Position Description available here.