Please support this action being undertaken by SCEC member group Friends of Yaroomba by coming to the rally and by sharing this message with your organisation’s members, family and friends. Let's join together to hold our representatives to account!
Dear Sunshine Coast Community Groups and Residents
Following the Sunshine Coast Regional Council approving Sekisui’s contentious high rise, high density residential development at Yaroomba (which a record breaking 9,288 people formally objected to), we subsequently attended an OSCAR Inc General Meeting, where we heard from other Sunshine Coast Community groups who are also suffering injustices from Council’s decisions. We then decided to go ahead with our idea of a Rally to expose the extent of angst that Sunshine Coast residents are suffering. The main objectives of the rally are to let the Sunshine Coast Regional Council know that collectively we have had enough of their inappropriate decisions and also gain State Wide media attention. We are hoping to get a large presence made up of members from Sunshine Coast Resident groups, Environmental groups and community members.
All the information regarding the rally is included in the attached poster.
WE INVITE YOUR GROUP TO PARTICIPATE:
- To make the event worthy of State media attention please get involved.
- Please send us a small bio of approximately 100 words which we can use when mentioning the issues groups are experiencing. If you are an environmental group, please let us know a little about the projects you are working on.
- We strongly hope your group will be able to participate and are offering free stall space to promote your cause. You would need to bring everything your stall requires.
PLEASE HEAVILY PROMOTE THE RALLY AMOUNGST YOUR MEMBERS AND RESIDENTS
- Feel free to share the digital poster.
- If you are able to drop off flyers in your local area or shops please let us know and we will get them to you.
YOUR INPUT IS WELCOMED!
Please contact us with any other ideas.
Facebook Friends of Yaroomba