Wildlife Queensland’s PlatypusWatch has been monitoring and protecting platypus in Queensland for 20 years! PlatypusWatch will celebrate this milestone this Sunday, 22 October
with a PLATY PARTY at Pooh Corner Environmental Centre, Wacol.
8am - 12pm
Join Wildlife Queensland for a fun and fact-filled morning.
- Learn about Australia's iconic platypus and our PlatypusWatch project achievements over 20 years.
- Guest speakers include Councillor Sarah Hutton, Brisbane City Council.
- Join ecologist Tamielle Brunt for a fascinating Walk and Talk from Pooh Corner Reserve to a section of Sandy Creek and learn about the habitat features for platypus, platypus eDNA project sites, and lots more. We may also spot koalas.
- Morning tea included — help us eat platypus birthday cake!
- Children's activities, raffles, "Name the Platypus Chocolate" contest winning name and prize winners announced, and more.
What to bring:
The Walk and Talk with Tamielle Brunt is an easy, flat 2km return. Bring your walking shoes.
See you there!