The Sunshine Coast Environment Council (SCEC) is the peak environmental advocacy organisation for the Sunshine Coast region working to promote and protect its natural values. Established in 1980, SCEC’s impressive conservation legacy over 41 years has made it the umbrella organisation for over 50 member groups across the region, consisting of a combined membership of over 15,000 individuals. We are one of currently nine regional Conservation Councils in Queensland.
‘Through leadership, education and environmental activism, to encourage Sunshine Coast individuals and communities to support and participate in working towards the goal of environmental sustainability’. SCEC represents its members and the wider community by actively engaging with all levels of government and across sectors to ensure the best possible outcomes in the areas of environmental policy, natural resource management, biodiversity, marine conservation, sustainability and more. SCEC engages in broader environmental and conservation initiatives and campaigns with other regional, state and national organisations.
To learn more about SCEC's campaigns and advocacy efforts, please visit www.scec.org.au or stay up to date via SCEC's Facebook page.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for an Operations (and Finance) Manager to join our small, effective team. This role is remunerated at Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS) 6.3.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Daily Operations - managing the day to day running of the SCEC office including maintaining and enhancing the office environment and its administrative functionality including IT
- Financial Operations - operation and oversight of finance systems, including payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable and accounts payable, budgeting and cost control
- Leadership - managing staff and volunteers and providing ongoing training and development
- Business Development - being responsible for sourcing and managing funding (including grants, donations and events) to ensure the long term functioning of the organisation
- Customer Service – being the key point of contact for clients, being able to understand customer (including Member Groups) expectations, complaint management and resolution. Monitor, respond and screen incoming communications via email/phone/web
- Project Management - Community outreach and engagement associated with environmental restoration (Restoration Portfolio) including events, outreach activities, social media and World Environment Day Festival
- Continuous Improvement - drive continual improvement of processes and procedures including the strategic development of the organisation
This is a senior leadership role; however you will also be required from time to time to roll up your sleeves and assist the organisation in other ways. This will include after hours and weekend responsibilities, and it is expected that you would manage your time and work load appropriately.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible working conditions
- Use of fully serviced organisation vehicle as required
- A job on the beautiful Sunshine Coast
- Proven experience in office management and administration
- Proven experience in marketing and digital communications including social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a small team and manage volunteers
- Proven experience in financial management and administration
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Background/experience in environmental issues
- Commitment to the mission statement of SCEC
- Degree/Certificate in operations management or related field
- Degree/Certificate in financial management or related field
- Experience using Nation Builder as a CRM
- Background/experience in event management
The ideal applicant needs to be reliable, have the ability to work productively in a team environment, be hard working, self-sufficient and demonstrate a friendly, positive and professional attitude. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to know more about the role, please email [email protected] using the subject line: Operations and Finance Manager - Nambour enquiry via EthicalJobs or call Derek Foster, SCEC President on 0402 352 077.