Past SCEC Events
World Environment Day Festival is a celebration of our unique environment with live performances, wholesome food, sustainable stall holders, a fun kids program, live art, innovative displays, community and environment groups to meet and learn from, and more activities than you can poke a stick at!
Check out the official WED Fest website here.
The World Environment Day Festival Raffle is back! Great prizes are up for grabs and proceeds go straight back into the festival to help us bring the much-loved event to the Sunshine Coast community for free every year.
Buy your raffle tickets online today and go in the draw to win:
- Woodford Folk Festival - 2 x one day pass adult tickets. Valued at $300.
- Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas - 2 nights' accommodation for 2 guests with full buffet breakfast. Valued at $638.
- RACV Noosa - 1 night accommodation for 2 adults. Valued at $400.
- NOTOX Surfboards Australia - 1 x set of 5 surfboard fins. Valued at $75.
- Patagonia - 1 x duffel bag. Valued at $150.
- Billabong - Prize pack with hat, backpack and towel. Valued at $120.
- Kanu Kapers - 1 x one day self guided kayak tour. Valued at $99.
- Paradise Seaplanes - gift voucher.
- Mooloolaba Canal Cruise - 2 x gift vouchers. Valued at $100.
- Elixibar - Dinner for 2. Valued at $50.
- Biome - 1 x $50 gift voucher, storage bag and water bottle.
- Artwork pack - Original painting by Cynthia Rye "Bundaroo Creek, Conondale", plus 2 framed photographic prints.
Prizes will be drawn on Wednesday 5th June - World Environment Day 2019 at the SCEC office and winners will be contacted by phone and email.
Join the Sunshine Coast Surfrider Foundation at our biannual Clean Up Double Island camping weekend 14th-16th of June 2019.
Secure your spot by registering here
Clean Up Double Island is one of South East Queensland's biggest beach clean up efforts, removing up to 2 tonnes of rubbish at each event from the Cooloola Recreational Park of the Great Sandy National Park.
This is a family friendly FREE event, with plenty of fun activities to get involved in over the course of the weekend including beach yoga, surfing, beach volley ball, and trivia.....plus chance to win some great prizes too! All vehicle and camping permits will be provided to registrants, thanks to the generous donation from the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Services. The park is 4x4 access only.
Registrants without 4x4 vehicles can contact Sunshine Coast Surfrider Foundation via email@example.com to organize a 4x4 taxi service for the weekend thanks to Drop Bear Adventures. We will have the Surfrider HQ and camping area located north of Teewah Beach. All participants are required to supply there own camping equipment. To limit our impact to the beach and campgrounds please car pool and share resources where possible.
The Cooloola Recreational Park has been listed under the Surfrider Foundation Australia's Endangered Wave campaign. Over the last few decades and noticeably in the recent years, increasing recreational interest and ease of access has put immense pressure on the parks environment and has also raised concern regarding public health safety. Please be mindful of the surrounding environment and plan ahead before 4x4 driving on the beach. We ask all clean up participants to not drive during high tide, unless it is in the case of an emergency. Surfrider Foundation will supply portable toilets for participants to use over the weekend.
Updates of the event will be posted on the Sunshine Coast Surfrider Facebook page and sent via email. All registrants will be sent an information email, which will give detail on event sign on, clean up procedure, permitting, and event schedule. To find out more about the Double Island Endangered Waves list please visit www.surfrider.org.au/endangered_waves_list_1
For inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org